Going through the nook color specs, you will be familiar with the estimated facts relating to the merit and demerit qualities of this e-book reader. As the widest book retailer across the United States, Barnes & Noble inc has become a household name that no longer requires any formal introduction precisely in 2009, nook was launched into the field of electronic book readers, thereafter their latest e-book reader, that is the nook was proclaimed on October 20th 2010, started shipment in the following month.
In a matter of six months of its launch, the presents of nook color in the field of e-book reader can no longer be ignored. As a matter of fact, this actually rekindle the rivalry between Barnes and Noble against Amazon on one side while nook color vs. kindle competition as the stiffest in technology sector as it is today. In the overall, nook color specs reputed to have good prospects of assuming important role in making as one of the best known e-book reader at present.
Nook Color Specs
The professionals at Barnes and Noble are seemingly taken major efforts in the process of putting finishing touches for nook color. Now, Barnes and Noble have launched an e-book reader a well as table PC. Meanwhile, this has turned into the dual way battle in between kindle 3 vs. ipad into a three way battle. That is kindle vs. nook vs. ipad.
Hence, nook color is certainly different from its predecessor because of its competitive front here and there. The following are the detail about nook color specs capable of assisting you to evaluate its performance everywhere.
- Dimensions (h x w d) 8.1 x 5.0 x 0.48 in weight 15.8 ounces.
- Screen size – 7 inches
- Display color – touch screen
- Resolution – 1024 x 600 with 16 ppl (pixels per inch)
- Backlight – yes
- Operating system – Android 2.1
- CPU 800 Mhz ARM Cortex-A8-based Ti OmAP3621
- In built memory – 8GB
- Expandable memory 32 GB (micro SD card)
- Input: (capacitative multichoice screen buttons
- Connectivity Access – yes
- Text Formats Supported EPUB, EDF, DOC, PPT, TXT, DOCM, DOCS and so on
- Graphics formats supported; JPEG, GIF, BMP and PNG
- Audio formats supported: MP3 and AAC
- Video format supported MP4
- Preloaded Apps: chess, Sudoku, crossword, puzzle, Pandora, radio etc
- Connectors: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack and micro USB port
- Charging time: 3 hours
- Battery life: 8 hours (wireless off)
Price: 249 USD
Apart from these nook color specs, Banes and Noble e-book readers trademark features like “lead me” as well as 2 million titles available at their online store similarly calls for consideration. Although, things may seemingly promising on the face value, the big price tag is restraining for this device in question particularly in the case of kindle 3 vs. nook color comparison.
Regardless of the fact that the rest of e-book readers are very costly, e-ink readers like kindle promise a very interesting experience at relatively logical prices.
Finally, the whole things ultimately depends on your choice supposing you are finding attractive color e-book reader over which you can surf the internet, access social networking websites, play games or music, simply be on the look-out for Barnes and Noble nook color
Any Additional thoughts on Nook Color Specs?
Please let me know what you think about my ideas on Nook Color Specs. Post your comments below. Better ideas are always welcome.